Billericay Town Guide
We've collated a range of information about local attractions and provided some suggestions for fun activities for all the family. Plus, they don't all cost the earth!
Click on a link below to find out more!
View a detailed map of Billericay displaying local points of interest, public transport links, parking and cash points.
Get Billericay weather forecast hour-by-hour and for the next few days from AccuWeather.com.
View the current temperature in Billericay, liklihood of rain and the current weather radar over Billericay
Let us know about the weather where you are by tweeting @billericayessex - tell us about any flooding, ice or issues locally.
Some of the earliest records of human occupation of Billericay are the burial mounds in Norsey Wood: evidence of occupation in the Bronze and Iron Ages.
Evidence of Roman occupation has been found at a number of locations in the town and there may have been a small cavalry fort at Blunts Wall.
Norsey Wood is a mixed coppice woodland covering an area of 65ha (165 acres) and consists of a variety of habitats because of the different underlying geology. It has a history that goes back some 4000 years and this, together with the richness of its wildlife, makes this site unique.
Queens Park Country Park is set over 60 acres of former amenity parkland, now managed to enhance the area for wildlife.
Visitors can roam widely across the park while keeping to the extensive footpath system. A bridle path runs along one edge of the park.
Billericay provides a number of transport links to nearby towns and a direct train service into central London via London Liverpool Street and to London Southend Airport.
A bus service also operates through the town centre, via the train station and main roads through to larger towns like Basildon and Chelmsford and as far as Lakeside also.
- Billericay pub recognised as having one of the UK's best beer gardens after winning regional competition
- Billericay sex assault: Teen arrested over attack on boy
- Engineer fined £320 for overstaying in Billericay Pure Gym car park despite being a member
- Billericay Cricket Club move clear of drop zone after win
- Tributes flood in for Billericay legend Paul Edwards
- Lake Meadows park
- Mill Meadows
- Billericay Town Council
- Parking in Billericay
- Map of Billericay
- Billericay weather forecast
- Early history of Billericay
- The Pilgrim Fathers
- Billericay Twinning Association
- Norsey Wood
- Queens Park Country Park
- Building of the railway through Billericay
- Transport in Billericay
- Media references
- Billericay Polling stations and constituencies
- Billericay social media pages