Article by David Trayner: The Billericay Lions’ Santa Sleigh has teamed up with Essex Ford’s local dealership, on the corner of London Road and Western Road, to offer people the chance to win a bottle of Champagne if they can take a selfie photo with the Billericay Lions Santa and post it on Twitter with the hashtag #Billericay.
Until Tuesday, December 23, the Santa Sleigh – powered by Essex Ford – is touring Billericay to take Christmas magic to children in return for donations which benefit local charities.
Charities and organisations which have been supported in previous years have included Brighter Opportunities through Supported Play, Basildon Citizens Advice Bureau, Billericay Youth Town Council’s Urban Games, Luke’s Counselling Service for Children and Young People, the Neighbourhood Watch scheme, and Hamelin House.
Last year they raised more than £7,000.
The sleigh will stop at:
- Friday, December 12, 6.30pm until 8.30pm in the Tye Common Road area
- Saturday 13, 5pm until 8pm in Queens Park
- Monday 15, 10am until 4pm at Waitrose, High Street, Billericay and 6.30pm until 8.30pm at Mountnessing Road and Bluebell Wood
- Tuesday 16, 6.30pm until 8.30pm at South Ridge and Meadow Rise
- Wednesday 17, 6.30pm until 8.30pm at Perry Street and Hillhouse Drive
- Thursday 18, 10am until 4pm at Sainsbury’s, East Mayne, Basildon and 6.30pm until 8.30pm, South Green
- Friday 19, 6.30pm until 8.30pm at Norsey View Drive and Lampern Crescent
- Saturday 20, 10am until 4pm, at the car park behind Iceland and 5pm until 8pm at Norsey Road
- Sunday 21, 11am until 2pm, at Waitrose, High Street, Billericay
- Monday 22, 9am until 3pm, at Tesco, Mayflower Retail Park, off the A127, Basildon and 6.30pm until 8.30pm at Lower Perry Street and Brightside
- Tuesday 23, 6.30pm until 8.30pm at The Vale, Brookside and Norsey Farm
Article and image by The Echo, David Trayer