Article by Simon Murfitt: The best and worst GP surgeries in Brentwood, Billericay and Wickford have been revealed, according to the results of a new patient satisfaction survey.
Oakdin Surgery in Billericay came out as the best medical practice in the Brentwood and Basildon Clinical Commissioning Group, with 100 per cent of patients giving it a good rating.
Meanwhile, the Robert Frew Medical Centre in Wickford fared the worst, with 64 per cent of residents rating it good.
Collectively, 82 per cent of patients rated surgeries in the Brentwood and Basildon CCG area good – slightly below the national rate of 85 per cent, although eight out of the 19 surgeries in the area ranked better than the national average.
The England-wide survey provides practice-level data about patient experiences of their GP practices, measuring their experiences of waiting times, care quality, opening times, making appointments and out of hours services.
A total of 4,697 people took part in the survey in Brentwood and Basildon, which saw a collective decline from 83 to 82 per cent since the same survey results in January 2015
70 per cent said it was easy to get through on the phone and 85 per cent said receptionists were helpful, while 83 per cent said they were able to get an appointment or speak to someone the last time they visited their GP.
91 per cent said appointments were at convenient times, although overall just 70 per cent rated their experience of making an appointment as good and only 59 per cent said they did not have to wait too long.
Patients appear to trust NHS professionals, with 91 per cent saying they trusted their GP and 82 per cent trusting their nurses.
Extending GP hours has been a much talked about subject in the last year, but 73 per cent of patients were satisfied with their surgery's opening hours.
68 per cent said their experiences of out of hours services were 'good'.
Here are all the NHS surgeries in Brentwood, Billericay, Wickford and Ingatestone, ranked in order of the per cent of patients that rated their surgery 'good'.
- Oakdin Surgery, Laindon Road, Billiercay – 100 per cent
- Swan Lane Surgery, Wickford – 98 per cent
- Rockleigh Court Surgery, Hutton Road, Shenfield – 97 per cent
- Highwood Surgery, Geary Drive, Brentwood – 96 per cent
- Deal Tree Health Centre, Blackmore Road, Brentwood – 96 per cent
- Western Road Surgery, Billericay – 94 per cent
- The New Surgery, Stock Road, Billericay – 92 per cent
- The New Folly Surgery, Ingatestone – 92 per cent
- Tile House Surgery, Shenfield Road, Brentwood – 90 per cent
- South Green Surgery, Grange Road, Billericay – 88 per cent
- The Billericay Medical Centre, Stock Road, Billericay – 87 per cent
- Queens Park Surgery, The Pantiles, Billericay 86 per cent
- Swanwood Partnership, Market Avenue and Swan Lane, Wickford – 86 per cent
- The New Surgery, Shenfield Road, Brentwood – 84 per cent
- Mount Avenue Surgery, Mount Avenue, Brentwood – 83 per cent
- Wickford PMS Practice, Wickford Health Centre, Market Road, Wickford – 81 per cent
- London Road Surgery, Wickford – 78 per cent
- Beechwood Surgery, Pastoral Way, Warley – 78 per cent
- Chapel Street Surgery, Billericay – 77 per cent
- Robert Frew Medical Centre, Silva Island Way, Wickford – 64 per cent
Read original article by Simon Murfitt, Brentwood Gazette