Article by Guy Bell: Fourteen people have been summonsed to court following a large disturbance that happened shortly before a Colchester United vs Southend United Football match.
The incident was in Abbey Gate, Colchester, on Saturday December 26, 2015.
The 14 men and teenagers have been summonsed to appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court on June 30 to face charges under Section Four of the Public Order Act 1986 for using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.
- a 16-year-old boy from Kelvedon;
- an 18-year-old from Colchester;
- an 18-year-old from Feering;
- a 23-year-old man from Upminster;
- a 25-year-old from Rochford;
- two 21-year-olds from Shoeburyness;
- an 18-year-old from Westcliff;
- a 16-year-old boy from North Fambridge;
- a 15-year-old boy from Mayland;
- a 22-year-old from Southend;
- a 16-year-old boy from Billericay;
- a 16-year-old boy from Southminster and a 15-year-old boy from Tiptree.
Article by Guy Bell, Brentwood Gazette